Setup VPN in Windows 7
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel
- Change the "View by:" field to either "Large Icons" or "Small Icons". If you are using Windows Vista switch to "Classic View".
- Double Click the Network and Sharing Center Icon
- In Widows 7 click "Set up a new connection or network".
Click "Connect to a workplace".
- Click Next
- On the window labeled “Connect to a Workplace,” click on “Use my Internet connection (VPN).”
- Enter vpn.uwsp.edu into the Internet address box
- Enter UWSP VPN into the Destination name box
- Put a check in the box labeled “Don’t connect now…”
- Click Next
- In the text box labeled “User name:,” Enter your UWSP account name.
Click Create. This will create the VPN connection and close the last dialog box. Next, you will need to change some properties of the VPN connection.
- Go back to the Network and Sharing Center and, on the left-hand side, click the “Change adapter settings” link.Select Work for a Network Location
- Right-click the icon for the VPN connection you just created and select properties.
- Select the Networking Tab
- Select Internet Protocol Version 6 and click Properties
- Select Advanced
- Unselect the Use default gateway on remote network
- Select OK to exit Advanced TCP/IP Settings
- Select OK to exit Internet Protocol Version Properties
- Repeat steps 17-21 this time selecting Internet protocol Version 4
- Select OK on each of the open dialog boxes to close all of the UWSP VPN Propertersi pages.
- Double-click the UWSP VPN icon.
- When prompted, enter your password and press the connect button.
You are now connected to the VPN