Remote Desktop - Windows 8
- Open the search box by pressing the Windows key + S key simultaneously.
- Search for "Remote Desktop Connection" and select it from the search result list that pops up.
- Enter your UWSP Computer name and then select Show Options.
- Visit the
General FAQ page for instructions on how to find a UWSP computer
- If you are off campus, follow your computer name with .uwsp.edu (ex. spointer.uwsp.edu)
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Settings…
- Select "Use these RD Gateway server settings" and for the "Server name" type
in remotedesktop.uwsp.edu. Then check the boxes for "Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses" and "Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote computer".
- Click Ok for the RD Gateway Server Settings.
- Click Connect for the Remote Desktop Connection.
- You may be prompted for your UWSP
firstname.lastname@example.org and your UWSP password and click OK.
You are now remote connected to your computer.
Is your UWSP computer asleep or powered off? Visit the Wake My Computer
website to power on your computer.