Setup Outlook 2007 for Multiple Profiles Off Campus
- From your desktop, right-click the Outlook icon and choose Properties.
- Press the Show Profiles button to display all the profiles currently available on your computer.
The profile listed under "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: is the default profile. Select your starting Outlook preference to prompt for the outlook profile to be used or always use this profile.
- Press the Add button to add an additional profile for the new user.
- Type in the name that you would like to refer to the new profile by and press the OK button.
- The E-mail Accounts dialog box is displayed. Ensure that the Add a new e-mail account radio button is selected and press the Next button.
- Click the radio button in front of Microsoft Exchange Server and then press the Next button.
- In the Exchange Server Settings, fill in the following:
- In Microsoft Exchange server: type outlook.uwsp.edu
- In Mailbox: type the firstname.lastname@example.org of the mailbox you are trying to access
- Check Use Cached Exchange Mode
- Press the Check Names button and the server name and user name should resolve to new underlined text that reflect the actual server that the mailbox is on, and the display name of the mailbox.
- Press the Next button.
- Click Finish to display the Mail dialog box again, where the new profile you just created should also be displayed.
Note: Whichever profile is shown in the Always use this profile box will be the profile that will be displayed as the default choice when you start Outlook. If you have Prompt for a profile to be used selected, Outlook will still pause and allow you to choose a different profile then the default one. If you want to switch the default profile, select Always use this profile, use the drop-down arrows at the end of the box and choose the desired profile, then reselect Prompt for a profile to be used.
- Press the OK button to close the dialog box.
- Start Outlook like you normally do.
If you are currently logged into the UWSP network using VPN, or ResNet with the logon credentials for the account that matches the email account in the default Outlook profile you specified in the step immediately above this then Outlook will start and your Inbox will be displayed.
Logged in to UWSP via VPN, RAS or RESNET as email@example.com
When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile is set to the profile that points to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
As an example:
Your Outlook mailbox will not be displayed properly if you are logged in as spoin111 and you default Outlook profile is set to email@example.com.
If you want to access email for the account you created in the other profile, close your VPN or RAS connection, and start it again using the other person's logon credentials. Restart Outlook, the Choose Profile dialog box will be displayed. From the drop-down list choose the desired profile and press the OK button. The correct Outlook mailbox will be displayed.