All calls placed from UWSP telephones are billed to specific department accounts. Each month, the department's responsible person receives a summary of call charges. Faculty and staff have the option of making essential personal telephone calls using a seven-digit authorization code.
Personal Authorization Code
A personal authorization code allows you to place calls from anywhere on campus and have the charges billed directly to a personal telephone account. Calls placed using this code will NOT appear on your department's monthly accounting summary. The authorization code is assigned to your UWSP identification number. You will receive a monthly telephone bill through your UWSP email account. To obtain a code, fill out the Authorization Code Application.
Administrative Authorization Code
The Telephone Support Office can assign a 7-digit authorization code to a specific UWSP account. It allows you to place business calls from any location on campus and have the charges billed directly to your department account. The code allows you to dial direct anywhere in the world. An administrative code
is useful when placing conference calls from different buildings on campus. Most conference rooms have restricted telephones which require the use of an authorization code.
Administrative Telephone Bill
- Incoming Calls - no charge
- On-Campus Calls - no charge
- Local Calls - no charge
- Extended Community Calls - $.05 per minute
- Extended communities include: Almond, Amherst, Bancroft, Elderon, Hatley, Junction City, Mosinee, Nekoosa, Plainfield, Port Edwards, Ringle, Rosholt, Rudolph and Wisconsin Rapids.
- Long Distance Calls - $.02 per minute for business use. For personal use, two options are available.
- Personal Long Distance Plan #1: $.02 per minute, plus a $2.95 monthly service fee. If you anticipate more than 60 minutes per month in long distance charges, stay with this plan. If you never make a long distance call, you won't be charged the $2.95 monthly service fee. However, if you make one call, for one minute, you'll be charged the $2.95 monthly service fee.
- Personal Long Distance Plan #2: $.08 per minute, with no montly service fee. If you anticipate less than 60 minutes per month in long distance charges, this is the plan for you.
- Canadian & International Calls - price varies, contact the Telephone Support Office
- Directory Assistance Calls - $1.40 per call
- Operator Assisted Calls - DO NOT bill these types of calls to a UWSP number. If you make this type of call, the charges must be billed to a non-UWSP number. If not, you may be charged extra!
- Calling Cards & Prepaid Calling Cards - no additional charge
- Toll Free Calls - no charge
- 500 & 900 Calls - blocked
All administrative telephone bills are processed the first business day of each month. The charges are automatically transferred from your designated six-digit UWSP department account. The responsible person, or designee, for each account receives a detailed summary of all telephone charges for the account each month. If you have any questions regarding admin billing, call the Telephone Support Office at 715-346-2562
Personal Telephone Bill
You will only receive a telephone bill if you have cellular service, or if you use your 7-digit authorization code to make personal calls or send personal faxes. If you do not use your code, you will not get charged for telephone service. Telephone bills are processed during the first business week of each month. Failure to receive a bill is not basis for non-payment. If you have any billing questions, or a dispute, call the Telephone Support Office at 715-346-2562