Resident Hall Room Internet Connection
To connect to the UWSP wireless network from your room, please visit our
wireless page for
setup information and
tips to enhance your wireless experience.
To connect to the Internet using the wall jack and complimentary ethernet cable provided in your room, plug the network cable into your device and open a web browser. The web browser will automatically redirect to the device registration page. Follow the on screen instructions to register your device and gain access to the UWSP wired network. Repeat this process to register additional computers/devices.
*By registering a device students are bound by the
Residential Living Network Connection Service Agreement.
Device Registration Help
- If your computer does not auto-redirect to the registration page, try going to google.com or link directly to the
device registration page.
- Additional Ethernet cables are available at each residence hall front desk or stop by the
- To register devices without a web browser the Mac address is required, see below for instructions on how to find the MAC address on these devices.
- Game Consoles must be connected to the wired network.
- Devices not registered on the wired network can not use the wired network to access non-UWSP web sites, including Desire2Learn (D2L) and PeopleSoft HR System (HRS). Your access will be limited to the following sites:
- UWSP home page
- Help Desk web site
- myPoint web site
- myFiles network storage
- Outlook Web App (email.uwsp.edu)
- Routers are prohibited to connect additional devices to the network from a residence hall room. This violates the Residence Hall Network Use Policy/Contract and may result in termination of your network service, however mini-switches (8 or less ports) are allowed.
- You cannot register your computer prior to moving in to your residence hall room.
Connecting a Game Console
To register a game console, you will need to locate the MAC address of the game console. Instructions to locate the a game console MAC address are included in the links below. Once you've located the MAC address, visit the
device registration page to complete the reonnect your device. enter the device MAC address.
Need Additional Help for your Residence Hall Room?
Visit the Residential Living Technology section of our
FAQ page or contact the
Help Desk for additional assistance.