Connect from a Residence Hall Room
To connect to the UWSP wireless network, please visit our wireless page for setup information.
To connect to the Internet using the wall jack and complimentary ethernet cable provided in your room, plug the network cable into your computer
and open a web browser. The web browser will automatically redirect to the device
registration page. Follow the on screen instructions to register your device and gain access to the UWSP wired network. Repeat this process to register additional computers/devices.
*By registering a device students are bound by the
Residential Living Network Connection Service Agreement.
Device Registration Help
- If your computer does not auto-redirect to the registration page, try going to google.com or
link directly to the
device registration page.
- Additional Ethernet cables are available at each residence hall front desk or stop by
the Help Desk.
- To register gaming devices the Mac address is required, see below for instructions on how to find the MAC address on different gaming devices.
- Game Consoles must be connected to the wired network.
- Devices not registered on the wired network can not use the wired network to
access non-UWSP web sites, including Desire2Learn (D2L) and PeopleSoft HR
System (HRS). Your access will be limited to the following sites:
- UWSP home page
- Help Desk web site
- myPoint web site
- myFiles network storage
- Outlook Web App (email.uwsp.edu)
- Routers are prohibited to connect additional devices to the network from
a residence hall room. This violates the
Residence Hall Network Use Policy/Contract and may result in termination of
your network service, however mini-switches (8 or less ports) are allowed.
- You cannot register your computer prior to moving in to your residence hall room.
Connecting a Game Console
To register a game console, visit the
device registration page and enter the device MAC address. Not sure how to find the
- Select System Settings
- Select Network Settings
- Select Configure Network
- Select the Additional Settings tab
- Select Advanced Settings, Host Name, Alternate MAC Address
- The MAC address for your Xbox is displayed on the left sideof the
screen. When you enter this information you will need to enter the address
in the following format xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx.
- From the Wii main menu select the Wii button.
- Select Wii Settings
- Scroll to page two and select Internet
- Select Console Information
- The MAC address for your Wii will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- From the PS3 main menu select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and select Network Settings
- Select Settings and Connection Status List
- The MAC Address will be displayed on your screen.
Need Additional Help for your Residence Hall Room?
Visit the Residential Living Technology section of our
FAQ page or contact the Help Desk
for additional assistance.