If you are unable to log in to Desire2Learn
, you may be working on a computer (probably your own) where IE (Internet Explorer) Privacy settings are set too High, which is disabling the cookies used by D2L.
- To test: go to the logon screen for D2L and click the link: Check Your Browser Settings.
- If Cookies fails the system check
- Click Tools, on the browser's Menu bar and select Internet Options…
- Click the Privacy tab.
- If the Privacy setting is set too High, move the slider bar down to Medium and click OK.
Note: campus computers here at UWSP have a Privacy setting comparable to Medium
If Desire2learn will not open its pop up windows, check to see if a popup blocker has recently been installed. Any of D2L's options/features that open second browser window will be blocked by a popup stopper. All you need to do is tell your popup stopper to allow popup windows from Desire2Learn.
- Once you have logged into D2L, locate your semester below "My Stevens Point Courses". Click the the plus sign "+" to the left of the semester to view your course(s).
- You have to request that your course(s) be listed in D2L.