Faculty/Staff Laptop & Projector Check-Out
Faculty and staff can check out laptops, tablets, projectors, combo units (projector & laptop), a portable screen, soundstations, and clickers for work-related purposes through the
- Equipment is reserved on a first-come first-serve basis and equipment must be reserved by a UWSP faculty/staff member.
- Equipment can be reserved for up to a four-week period. Extensions are require manager approval.
- The name on the reservation must reflect who will be picking up the equipment.
*Please inform the Service Desk in advance if someone other than who is listed on the reservation will be picking up the equipment.
*Equipment will not be released to individuals not indicated on the reservation.
- All parts and accessories included in each equipment case will be checked at the time of pick up and return. Please allow enough time for this when you are planning when you will pick-up and return the equipment.
- Reservations requesting more than 4 laptops or 4 projectors require manager approval.
- Information Technology makes every effort to ensure that all laptops are up-to-date with critical updates. It is possible that updates may occur at any time when the laptop is connected to the UWSP network. If you will be using the computer on campus for group events, connect the computer to the UWSP network 3 to 4 hours prior to the event to ensure all updates are properly installed.
Late/Damaged/Lost Equipment Fees
There is no charge to reserve equipment, with the exception of the following:
- The academic department assumes responsibility for loss and/or damage resulting from negligence of a unit or any unit accessories. A $10 surcharge will be applied along with replacement cost of the device/accessories.
- A $15 per day fee will be applied for equipment not returned on-time during academic semesters. A $5 per day fee will be applied for equipment not returned on-time during Summer and Winterim. Late fees are applied at the close of business Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
- All fee’s are charged to a department account, contact your department to determine reimbursement options.