Faculty/Staff Laptop & Projector Check-Out
Faculty and staff can check out tablets and projectors for work-related purposes through the Help Desk.
- Equipment is reserved on a first-come first-serve basis and equipment must be reserved by a UWSP faculty/staff member.
- The name on the reservation must reflect who will be picking up the equipment. Please inform the Help Desk in advance if someone other than who is listed on the reservation will be picking up the equipment. Equipment will NOT be released to individuals not indicated on the reservation.
- Equipment can be reserved for up to a two-week period.
- All parts and accessories included in each equipment case will be checked at the time of pick up and return. Please allow enough time for this when you are planning when you will pick-up and return the equipment.
- The academic department assumes responsibility for loss and/or damage resulting from negligence of a unit checked out through this service. A $10 surcharge will be applied along with replacement cost of the device. A $5 surcharge will be applied along with replacement cost of any device accessories that are missing at the time of return.
- A $15 per day fee will be applied for equipment not returned on-time during academic semesters. A $5 per day fee will be applied for equipment not returned on-time during Summer and Winterim. Late fees are applied at the close of business Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
- Reservations requesting more than 2 laptops or 2 projectors must have prior authorization from a Help Desk manager.
All fee’s are charged to a department account, contact your department to determine reimbursement options.
Information Technology makes every effort to ensure that all laptops are up-to-date with critical updates. It is possible that updates may occur at any time when the laptop is connected to the UWSP network. If you will be using the computer on campus for group events, connect the computer to the UWSP network 3 to 4 hours prior to the event to ensure all updates are properly installed.
There are currently 7 tablets (non-Mac's) and 6 projectors that may be checked out by faculty and staff. There is also 2 combo units available which include a laptop and projector in a travel carry case w/wheels.
You can check the hardware and software specifications on Equipment Loan items here.
To reserve a piece of equipment or check availability please contact via phone or email. The Help Desk can be contacted at 715-346-HELP (4357) or 1-877-832-8977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location and Hours
Pickup/return of items takes place during regular Help Desk business hours in Room 023 LRC.
Assistance with Equipment Loan Problems
Faculty and staff can contact the Help Desk if you have issues with loaned equipment.