E. Jerry Jessee
Office: CCC 467
Phone: (715) 346-2404
Fax: (715) 346-4489
Ph.D., Montana State University
M.A., Montana State University
B.A. University of California at Santa Barbara
History of Science, History of Technology, Environmental History.
HIST 102 - World History since 1500.
HIST 315 - Special Topics: The Darwinian Revolution.
HIST 315 - Special Topics: Global History of Science and Technology.
- "Atomic Energy Commission” and “Cold War” in Encyclopedia of American Environmental History (New York: Facts on File, 2010).
- "A Heightened Controversy: Nuclear Weapons
Testing, Radioactive Tracers, and the Dynamic Atmosphere," in Toxic
Airs: Chamical and Environmental Histories of the Atmosphere, edited by
James Rodger Fleming and Ann Johnson, The University of Pittsburgh
Press, forthcoming Spring 2014.
Works in Progress
- Book Manuscript: Radiation Ecologies: Nuclear Fallout, Environmental Science, and the Birth of the Global Ecosphere (in preparation).
Honors and Awards
- Montana Institute on Ecosystems, Dissertation Completion Fellowship, January – August, 2012.
- Interview, Montana Public Radio, Montana Evening Edition, November 7, 2011. Discussed my research on fallout and the Western Montana Scientists’ Committee for Radiation Information.
- National Science Foundation, Dissertiation Improvement Grant, January 2010.
- Teaching Assistant of the Year, History Department, Montana State Univerity, 2008-2009.
- Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow, National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution, Summer 2008.
- History of Science Society
- American Society for Environmental History