major in Natural Science may be applied toward a degree in the College
of Letters and Science or used in the School of Education of the College
of Professional Studies for Department of Public Instruction
certification in broad-field science.
A Natural Science Major with the Earth Science Option consists of the following:
- A minor in earth science consisting of 22 credits.
- Astronomy 205 and 206, 8 credits (may be
used in the earth science minor in replacement of Astronomy 311 and one
- Biology, 10-14 credits including Biology 130 and 160.
- Chemistry, 9-14 credits including Chemistry 105 and 106, or 117.
- Physics, 10-14 credits which must consist of
Physics 203 and 204, or 150 and 250, and any physics courses numbered
300 and above.
- At least 14 credits must be earned in one of the areas listed in items 3, 4, or 5 above.
- Collateral: 4 credits from Math 111, 118, 119, or 355.