New Student Orientation FAQs - Freshmen
Can I receive a refund if I cancel my attendance at Orientation?
There are no refunds given.
What if I am unable to attend Orientation?
You are required to attend Orientation in order to be advised and register for yoru courses.
What if I would like to attend Orientation with a friend?
Absolutely! Just sign-up for the same Orientation date.
What should I bring to Orientation?
- Bring a pencil and/or other writing utensil if you wish (for the written portion of the English placement test administered in the morning and for taking notes throughout the program as needed).
- Dress for the weather (check weather conditions prior to traveling to campus)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Government issued form of photo identification (you will need this in order to get your student I.D. card)
- Money for lunch
- Anything needed for an overnight stay if you will be staying overnight in Stevens Point
Are parents required to attend?
Parents are not required to attend but we strongly encourage parents to attend as the two-day session is informative and anxiety-reducing for many parents. Parental involvement in orientation is important for the support it provides your student but also for the information tailored specifically to your questions and concerns. We address academic requirements, degree planning, academic advising, academic support programs, billing, health and counseling services, career counseling, dining options, residence hall living, rules and regulations, safety issues, and adjustment to the University environment. You will also be able to meet with faculty, staff, and students, as well as other parents.