Students know they are on the right path when they:
View themselves as a contributing member of an inclusive UWSP Community
- Student will positively identify with UWSP's educational and social structure
*Learn the school fight song
*Know whose who on campus--Did you know Al Thompson is Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs AND Chief Diversity Officer?!
*Do you own something PURPLE?
*Go to Convocation!
- Student believes that they have a meaningful voice on campus
*Run for office in your major's club
*Join your Hall Government
- Student will understand and honor differences
*Learn something new about a different group of people you never knew about before coming to UWSP
Make positive connections with peers, faculty, and staff members of UWSP Community
- Student will connect with peers and student mentors
*Join your peer mentor's Facebook
- Student is aware and involved in co-curricular experiences
*Sign up for an Intramural Sport!
*Go to a Centertainment Production!
- Student uses campus resources
*When's the last time you went to the Tutoring Learning Center? Go! They WILL help you receive a better grade!
- Student has intentional interactions with students, faculty and staff
*Visit your professors during office hours--they are not THAT scary!
Gain academic competence and confidence as a college student
- Student will have a meaningful Orientation and transition experience
*Do you know your way around campus?
- Student will develop an academic plan that includes major choice, plan of study, and General Education Plan
*See your advisor and create a plan for the next four years
- Student will take part in the MAP-Works survey designed to let advisors and others know how the student is transitioning
*Check your email, take the survey--it's easy!
- Students will seek appropriate academic assistance
*Everybody needs a little help along the way--Give it a try!
Engage in responsible behaviors and healthy lifestyle choices
- Student is accountable for their own choices and behaviors, and they recognize the impact of those choices on the larger community
*Yeah, it is your life--so think about it!
*GO TO CLASS!
- Student understands concept of wellness and the benefits of displaying healthy behaviors and relationships
*Yeah, it is your body--you've only got one!
*Eat a nutritious lunch at the CPS cafe, work out at the Allen Center
- Student learns about and accepts fiscal responsibility
*Yeah, it is your bank account--is there any money in it?
*Visit US Bank in the DUC
Together we will create a fantastic experience!