The Grounds Services team maintains all UWSP campus landscapes with more than 110 years of history and memories for generations of faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
Grounds Services is responsible for developing and maintaining aesthetically pleasing and safe campus grounds with an emphasis on diverse flora in a park-like setting. The grounds department maintains 104 acres of turf and annual and perennial beds, 12 miles of sidewalk, and 28 acres of parking lots.
The department is responsible for the following tasks:
- Turf maintenance
- Tree and shrub planting care
- Annual and perennial flower bed installation and maintenance
- Site furniture placement and maintenance (benches, signs, trash receptacles, ash urns, etc.
- Litter and waste control and removal
- Sidewalk care and maintenance
- Landscaping planning and design
- Landscape construction
- Athletic field maintenance
- Irrigation installation and maintenance
- Snow removal from all sidewalks and parking lots; click here to read our snow removal protocol.
Chris Brindley (346-3622) oversees the grounds operation. He has 5 fulltime staff members, one LTE and 10 students that help maintain the campus grounds.
Please note that Schmeeckle Reserve is under separate administration and may be reached at 346-4992.