The University Affairs Committee (UAC) has the authority to recommend to the Faculty Senate policies pertaining to:
- University facilities, including physical planning for and operations of buildings, grounds and parking;
- Institutional planning;
- The community relations of the university, including community services, arts and lectures, public information, alumni, and foundation;
- The student affairs of the university, including student recruitment, retention, welfare, financial aids, activities and athletics;
- Human relations of the university, including:
- The development of understanding and respect among the racial, ethnic, religious, and educational groups on the university campus and within the community at large.
- Equality of treatment of the groups within the university community.
- Protection of the rights of members within the university community.
2014-2015 UAC membership and meeting schedule
The Historic Preservation Subcommittee identifies state and local historic preservation ordinances pertinent to the university and recommends policies to the University Affairs Committee that bring the university into legal compliance. The subcommittee also identifies university property, both artifacts and facilities, of historic significance as defined by state and national guidelines, and recommends policies to the University Affairs Committee for the preservation of such property.
2014-2015 Historic Preservation Subcommittee membership and meeting schedule
The Nominations and Elections Subcommittee has the authority to establish rules for Senate elections, to supervise such elections, and to have such other authority as the Constitution delegates to it.
2014-2015 Nominations and Elections Subcommittee membership