Why UW Stevens Point?
Why should I choose the UWSP ESL Program for English study?
- Small classes
- Helpful and experienced teachers
- Safe and friendly community
- On-campus housing guaranteed
- Reasonable costs of attendance
- Beautiful surroundings
Who are the students in the UWSP ESL Program?
Our student body is diverse:
- 30% of our students are from Asia
- 40% from the Middle East and Europe
- 30% are from Central and South America
American citizens/permanent residents whose first language is not English are also welcome to join us.
Is the ESL Program a part of the University?
Yes, the ESL Program is part of the Division of Academic Affairs at UWSP. As an ESL Program student you will have a university ID card that gives you access to:
- UWSP's computer centers
- the library
- the University Center
- UWSP student clubs
- campus sports and recreation facilities
What are ESL Program classes like?
How do I apply? What are the requirements for admission?
Where is Wisconsin? How do I get there?
- Plan your travel so that Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) is your final destination
- We will meet you at CWA and provide free transport to campus
- CWA is served by American Airlines (from Chicago), United Airlines (from Chicago), and Delta Airlines (from Detroit or Minneapolis)
Where will I live?
- All ESL Programs students are guaranteed on-campus housing in UWSP's residence halls
- Married students or those 21 years old or older may choose to live off campus
What if I get sick?
- ESL Program students are required to purchase medical insurance through the ESL Program for approximately USD $120 a month
- ESL Program students use Ministry Health Care for non-emergency care, located one block from campus
- Emergency care is provided by St. Michael’s Hospital, also located one block from campus