Disability Advisory Council
UWSP Snow Removal Plan
The Disability Advisory Council assesses, educates, and advises the University of WI- Stevens Point community on issues related to all disabilities and accessibility.
· The Council reports disability and accessibility concerns to the Chancellor.
· Provides input regarding accessibility to planned campus renovation and construction; such as, the new
accessible Communicative Arts Center entrance.
· Serves as the clearing house for student and staff accessibility complaints and concerns.
· Provides feedback to Facility Services as they coordinate snow-removal priorities and building
maintenance schedules so as to minimize disruption for staff and students with mobility issues.
· Plans and implements “Celebrate All Abilities” – October Disability Awareness Month educational and
The Chancellor gives a charge to the committee each fall.
2010-11 DAC charge.pdf
The DAC meets monthly throughout the academic year.
Our next meeting will be Friday, November 21, 2014 at 1 p.m. in 376 DUC.
Upcoming Meetings (location TBD):
Friday, February 20 at 1 pm
Friday, March 27 at 1 pm
Friday, April 17 at 1 pm
- There shall be 10 members: seven members to include faculty and staff members and three members to include students. Normally the term of appointment shall be for two years; student appointments shall be for one year. Members may be reappointed for successive terms.
- There shall be four ex-officio members in addition to the appointed members who shall be non-voting members.
- Adhoc members may be added at any time to serve and assist on specific projects as agreed by the council. Adhoc members may include but are not limited to students, faculty/staff, and community members.
Carol Grasamkee, International Programs
Aaron Kadoch, Interior Architecture
Ann Kiefer, Math
Morgan Koth, Student Member
Susan LeBow (co-chair), Student Involvement & Employment
Laura Polum, Student Academic Advising Center
Marcus Reinhardt, Student Member
Olivia Riemer, Student Member
Kristi Roth, Physical Education & Athletic Training
Roxanne Schuster (co-chair), Disability and Assistive Technology Center
2014-2015 Ex-Officio Members:
Paul Hasler, Facility Services
Jim Joque, Disability and Assistive Technology Center
Carl Rasmussen, Facility Planning
Cindy Von Gnechten, Residential Living