The Disability Advisory Council assesses, educates, and advises
the University of WI- Stevens Point community on issues related to all
disabilities and accessibility.
* The Council reports disability and accessibility concerns to the Chancellor.
* Provides input regarding accessibility to planned campus renovation and construction; such as, the new accessible Communicative Arts Center entrance, north and south DeBot residence hall renovation
projects (2009-2015), and the new construction building projects of Suites @
201 residence hall (2011), Waste Education Center (2011), and Chemistry Biology Science Facility (2015).
* Serves as the clearinghouse for student and staff accessibility complaints and concerns.
* Provides feedback to Facility Services as they coordinate snow-removal priorities and building maintenance schedules so as to minimize disruption for staff and students with mobility issues.
* Plans and implements "Celebrate All Abilities," the October Disability Awareness Month educational and informational programming event.