What is edTPA and why is it mandated?
What is the implementation timeline for edTPA in Wisconsin?
- 2014-15 Pilot and Local Implementation
- 2015-16 Full Implementation with Pearson, without passing score
- 2016-17 Full Implementation with Pearson with passing score
- How do I register and pay fees for the edTPA?
- Fees for Pearson scoring will be built into your student teaching tuition, effective fall 2015. The Professional Education Program will provide you with a voucher number that you will use to register with Pearson and upload your edTPA materials to Chalk and Wire for submission to Pearson. Students will need to subscribe to Chalk and Wire no later than one semester prior to your student teaching semester. Chalk and Wire subscriptions may be purchased at the UWSP Bookstore. (See Chalk and Wire)
What is the minimum score to pass the edTPA?
The passing score will be determined in 2015-16.
Workshops and Support for Teacher Candidates completing the edTPA
edTPA Teacher Candidate Workshop I, January 16, 8:30-11a.m., room 116 CPS PowerPoint
- edTPA Teacher Candidate Workshop II, February 21, 9a.m.-3 p.m., room 116 CPS PowerPoint
- edTPA Workshops - pre-student teaching (optional)
- Friday, edTPA Workshop February 13, 2015, 1-3:30p.m., 209 CPS - Task 1 Planning PowerPoint
- Friday, edTPA Workshop March 6, 2015, 1-3:30p.m., 209 CPS - Task 2 Instruction
- Friday, edTPA Workshop April 10, 2015, 1-3:30p.m., 209 CPS - Task 3 Assessment
Frequently Asked Questions
Submission Timelines (TBD)
- Nine Week Placement
- Eighteen Week Placement
edTPA Handbooks and Templates
For additional information contact:
EdTPA Coordinator/Adjunct Professor
School of Education
College of Professional Studies 451
1901 Fourth Avenue
University of Wisconsin
Stevens Point, WI 54481