The Department of Public Instruction
limits us to granting exceptions to 10% of our PEP admitted student population.
- Students will be ranked using 50% overall GPA and 50% largest score
deviation. For those requesting a GPA exception, only GPA will be used.
- Once students are ranked, up to 10% of each major program’s semester
enrollment cap will be approved first.
- Remaining exception seats will be approved by rank of remaining students.
- Final exception decisions will be determined by the SOE Exceptions Committee. Excpetion approvals are not appealable.
- Students who receive an exception may apply to the Professional Education
Program when all other application requirements are met. Grades and scores (for
which a student received an exception) will not be altered when ranking students for
admission in majors with enrollment caps.
Results will be emailed/mailed within 5 working days of deadlines. Requests
with incomplete paperwork will not be processed. If you do not receive a
response within 5 working days, please contact the School of Education Academic and Career Advising Center immediately.