The UW-Stevens Point SIEO Volunteer Office has two on-going service opportunities.
Community Enhancement Leader:
The Community Enhancement Leader will have the opportunity to build a strong relationship with specific community partners by leading a group of volunteers once a month at a particular community partner site. Current community partnerships include the Hope Center and the Portage County Humane Society. (Additional sites may be considered as the program develops.) Commitment: One day of the month, around 2 and a half hours.
There is a $150 stipend included with this position. (Almost equivalent to $9 an hour.)
Alternative Spring Break Leader
The Alternative Spring Break leader has the ability to assist with the planning, coordination and facilitation of a 2015 Alternative Spring Break trip. The location of the trip will be determined after the leader is selected. Commitment: Attend the Alternative Spring Break trip. You get to attend the service trip for free.
A Few of the endless benefits:
• Develop valuable real-life skills that include leadership, communication, group facilitation, and much, much more!
• Experience the indescribable feeling that comes from helping others!
• Have the opportunity to meet people who share the same passion for service!
• Gain valuable experience and a huge resume booster that can be used in your occupation/field/major.
• Continue to grow as a person and as an active member of your community!
More information is available on the SIEO website.