Week of November 17, 2014
Welcome to week 12 of the semester.
Registration for Winterim and spring continues this week. We realize that this can add stress to a time of the semester that is already pretty stressful. Here is information that might help to relieve some of that stress:
- Make sure you go to MyPoint and click on “view Registration Date and Time.” Once you can view your date and time, make sure all of your holds are gone before you register. We do not recommend waiting until the day you register.
- Have multiple schedule options planned out.
- If you need any courses that have a “PR” in front of them, you must contact that department to get permission. These are usually done on a first-call basis. Some courses may start out without a PR and then all of a sudden you will notice it was added. In most cases, this means that the section closed and the department has started a waiting list (even if you see seats there). Follow these same directions.
- If you are repeating a course, you need to get your adviser and the department of the course to enter an approval in the computer system.
- If courses close, call (not email) that department to find out how to get into a closed course. Follow their directions exactly and ask how you will find out if you get into what you need. If more than one section or more than one course works, get on all of those waiting lists. Please be courteous and make sure you know which courses and which sections fit your schedule. Example: Geog 100, sections 1 and 3.
- Music Ed 381 & Phy. Ed. 231– Maggie Beeber keeps this waiting list. If these courses close, after you register see her during her open advising hours. Make sure to bring a current DPR, your printed spring schedule, your planning sheet and your graduation plan with you.
- If you still need help, during their open advising hours, see Maggie Beeber if your major is ECE, Elementary or Special Education or see John Gaffney if you are a Secondary/K-12 major.
Maggie Beeber and John Gaffney