Individuals interested in applying to the Central Wisconsin Alliance for Early Childhood Education Program must initially apply to the program by the application deadline:
Deadline for fall 2013 start: Jan. 28, 2013
The deadline for fall 2013 start has been extended until July 1, 2013 or until the cohort is filled.
Deadline for spring 2014 start: Sept. 15, 2013
Complete application packets must be received by the deadline for full consideration. Application packets received after these dates will be evaluated based on seat availability in the cohort group.
Program Application Requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 in transferable courses
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education OR verification that a degree will be completed by August 2013 for fall 2013 start and January 2014 for spring 2014 start.
- Praxis I Test passed or attempted (at least once): Reading, Writing and Math
- Reference from ECE instructor in the Technical College System. Form provided in application materials.
- Letter of Commitment. Form provided in application materials.
- Separate unofficial transcripts from all technical colleges and universities attended. Photocopies accepted.
- If Early Childhood courses were completed at WTCS institutions prior to fall 2006, course syllabi will be required. We recommend contacting the technical college you attended as soon as possible to request these syllabi.
Note: UWSP Math 90 & 100 (or equivalent) or test out completed by Fall 2014.
Application materials in Word format.
Application materials in .pdf format.
If you are unable to open the application materials in either version, please contact our office at 715-346-2040, to receive a paper application via mail.
A complete application packet should be sent to:
School of Education Advising, Recruitment & Retention Office
469 College of Professional Studies
Stevens Point, WI 54481
UWSP’s School of Education will screen applications. Individual Program Plans will be designed for each individual admitted to the Central Wisconsin Alliance Program, based on a transcript evaluation and syllabi review (if necessary).