Applying to the Program
You do not need to apply to UW-Stevens Point for acceptance into
the add-on certification program; however, you do need to send a letter
of intent, and copy of your current teaching license and transcripts to
the UWSP School of Education for consideration in the program and for
evaluation to determine if any of the courses could be
Application Review: Applications to the Gifted
and Talented Certification Program will be reviewed three times per
year. Decisions will be made within two weeks of the application
deadline. Applicants will be notified by US Postal Mail.
Required Application Materials
1. Letter of Intent (1-2 pages) explaining
why you are interested in teaching gifted children and pursuing this
license (include the following information).
Note: Please address your letter of intent to Christine Gould, Gifted & Talented Education Coordinator.
- A brief introduction of who you are
- Complete contact information (including phone and email)
- Your current position and certifications
- Certification you are seeking and at what grade levels
- Why do you have an interest in gifted and talented education
- Are you currently teaching?
- Where do you work and in what capacity?
- Number of years experience teaching
- Basic demographic information
2. Copies of ALL Transcripts
3. Copy of current Teaching License
Send all application materials to:
Outreach Program Manager
CPS-Continuing Education, CPS 100
Stevens Point, WI 54481
For additional course information or to register for these courses
once you have been accepted into the program, please visit the
CPS-Continuing Education website at: www.uwsp.edu/cps/conted
and select courses and the appropriate semester or contact Cathy Scheder, outreach program manager, at email@example.com
or call 715-346-3801.