Admission for High School Students
Entry into the WI Covenant Program has been discontinued with the high school class that graduated in 2015.
Admission Into the Program
The Wisconsin Covenant Program was created to inspire young people to
plan early for a successful high school career that will lead to higher
education. Students work toward acceptance as a college Scholar when
they sign the Wisconsin Covenant Pledge in eighth grade. Students may
not choose to sign the pledge later in their high school career.
pledge, students promise to:
- Earn a high school diploma
- Maintain at least a "B" average in high school
- Complete the classes they need to prepare them for higher education
- Demonstrate good citizenship and participate in their community
- Apply for state and federal financial aid in a timely manner
- Take the necessary steps to gain admission to a University of
Wisconsin System institution, a Wisconsin Technical College, and/or a
Wisconsin Private College or University.
At the end of the student's high school career, the Wisconsin
Covenant Program administrators will verify that these promises have
been met. When high school students have met their obligations, they
become confirmed as a Wisconsin Covenant Scholar at the University of