Gain the knowledge, skills and tools you need to successfully manage projects and project teams. Call 715-346-3861 to register.
The UW-Stevens Point Project Management Certificate program is self-guided in order to give participants the flexibility to complete the learning activities according to their schedules. There are no classroom sessions! Open start dates!
This innovative and collaborative education opportunity provides participants with a targeted and unique professional experience that caters specifically to each individual's needs and their unique learning styles. For example:
- The program is based on a skills-based assessment/evaluation from the participant, the participant's team members, project sponsors, and direct management. The assessment will help identify skills gaps that when filled will position the participant for success.
- Following the assessment, the participant receives specific learning activities they are motivated to use, excited about, and that will fill the skills gaps identified at the assessment stage.
- Each participant will select a PMP certification prep track or they may select a project from within their organization to manage as part of the certificate program. The participant and their instructor will use the project to illustrate, apply and practice project management principles in real-world situations. Using a real-world project enhances each participant's learning. This type of individual teaching style is part of what makes this program unique.
The Project Management Certificate is awarded to participants after completing 56 hours of learning activities. Participants will work individually with the program instructor to select learning activities in line with their goals and learning style. This program is self-guided so participants can complete the learning activities according to their schedules.
The course fee is $2,000 per person. There is a 20 percent savings when three or more people from the same company register for the certificate program at the same time. Call for details - 715-346-3838.
Registration fee includes a copy of the Project Management Workbook by Kay Wais, PMP (program director). The workbook contains a detailed 52-step roadmap that covers every project management responsibility from project initiation to closure. The workbook is an excellent resource to participants during and after the certificate program.
If you have already had your first consultation and wish to register online, click here.
- Customized course design based on each participant's professional needs and skills gaps.
- High quality content based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Earn 5.6 continuing education units (CEUs) from the University of Wisconsin-Extension.
- Participants will gain practical hands-on experience managing a real-world project from their respective organizations.
- One-on-one coaching with personally assigned program instructor.
- Convenient, self-guided schedule so participants can complete the program at their own pace.
Want More Information?
You may set up a one-on-one, no-obligation informational session with the program director prior to registration to help you determine if this program is a good match for your needs. The discussion will explain course customization, course design elements, and the peer evaluation process. Please call Diana Wilcott at 715-346-3861 or email: email@example.com to schedule an information session. Download a brochure here.
The program was 100% customized and helped me improve the project management skills important to me and the work I'm doing every day. The one-on-one coaching sessions with my instructor were excellent. My instructor showed me how to specifically apply what I learned to situations at my job which made this program very valuable.
Ann McDonald, Finance Director, Riverfront Inc.
I enjoyed the Project Management Certificate Program because I was able to set my own pace. My instructor also worked with me to customize the course based on my specific needs and professional goals. The self- and peer-assessment that kicks off the program was very enlightening. I learned so much. Every business should send their employees through this certificate program because it provides a flexible project management toolkit that can be applied to reduce costs and improve success.
Finniam Cullen, Clinical Systems Analyst, Franciscan Skemp Healthcare
This Project Management Certificate Program was perfect for me because it was flexible and self-directed so it fit well into my tight schedule. The discussions with my instructor made the coursework tangible and directly applicable to a multi-year project I am managing at Trane. I would absolutely recommend the Project Management Certificate Program to others without hesitation.
Sean Smith, PE, Project Leader, Trane
Brought to you by UWSP Continuing Education Business Outreach and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). SBDC is partially funded through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.