Dave Schalow has been at UW-Stevens Point since 2008. He grew up in Central Wisconsin and moved back here from Southern California. At UWSP Dave teaches marketing, sales, real estate, and entrepreneurship. He has worked in the insurance, mortgage, securities, and real estate industries. In addition to a Ph.D. in Finance, he has the following professional designations:
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI)
Dr. Schalow has authored a textbook and instructor's manual, California Real Estate Principles, published by Southwestern, and written numerous refereed articles in Corporate Finance, Accounting, Investments, Insurance, Financial Planning, and Real Estate. He is a former real estate and mortgage broker (Cal., Nev. and Wis.) and was licensed in real estate sales, life and health insurance, property and casualty insurance and securities sales.