Whether you are currently working in the legal field and seek to upgrade your skills or you desire a career change, Continuing Education and Outreach's Paralegal Certificate Program can help you acquire the knowledge you need to enter this exciting field.
Why choose UW-Stevens Point
Our program is an individualized, private tutoring, online program
- The convenient online format lets you schedule your learning to fit your lifestyleOur courses are designed to let you continue working while preparing for your career as a paralegal
- Classes are designed for the first time novice as well as the person currently working in the legal field
- Paralegal skills are in high demand across many industries, giving you flexibility in the job market
- The total cost to complete all five courses in the series and receive a certification of completion is only $975, which includes all study materials (single class cost is $195)
Who should enroll
- Legal staff who wish to enhance or advance their careers by earning a certificate of completion
- Career changers looking for a professional career with strong compensation
- Those involved in legal matters who want to gain a clearer understanding of the legal process
About the program
This is a flexible, online tutoring 12-month program of five basic classes and a free, one-hour online orientation seminar. All classes are held online via the internet and email weekly during the scheduled school year. Emphasis is placed on developing the core/entry level paralegal skills needed to work as a first year employee. Our classes emphasize archival knowledge from the 1970's to the present with an overview and comparison of concepts rather than in-depth knowledge methods.
In order to join the paralegal program, you will need to contact Mr. Perovanovich via email to receive the free orientation seminar.
All new students must start the program with the paralegal research class. Another class cannot be taken until you successfully complete the paralegal research class. All students must complete the online, five part program within 12 months. Upon successful completion of the five class series, you will receive a certificate of completion from UW-Stevens Point.
About the instructor
Zoran V. Perovanovich has been a paralegal educator and and teacher in the legal profession for over 25 years in the tri-state area. Perovanovich has a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in teaching from the University of Illinois. He is the founder and instructor of Midwest Paralegal Studies and is dedicated to coordinating flexible, low-cost, entry-level paralegal tutoring across the country. He has been teaching exclusively online for the past 10 years.
For additional information, visit Midwest Paralegal Studies website.