Math and Parent Partners (MAPPS)
What is MAPPS?
Math and Parent Partners at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is a program that engages parents in the mathematics of the schools.
- Provides parents with in-depth experiences with school mathematics and the processes used in
teaching and learning it.
- Helps parents to be aware of what is happening in their children's classrooms.
- Offers parents occasions to take on leadership roles in working with teachers, administrators, and
Spring 2015 Mini-course!
What: Fractions, Decimals and Percents Mini-course
When: Saturdays; March 28-May 16 2015
Time: 10 a.m.-noon
Location: Stevens Point YMCA
To register call: 715-342-2980
Learn How To:
- Gain a better understanding of the fundamental principles of whole numbers.
- Gain an understanding of the Common Core standards.
- Increase children's confidence and performance with math.
- Be better equipped to help your child with homework.
- Enhance relationship with children's school.
- Enjoy fellowship with other parents and teachers.
- Math games, activities, and homework help provided for children.
Students fourth grade and older must accompany parents in the sessions.
Math-centered child care will be provided for children third grade and younger.