Math and Parent Partners (MAPPS)
MAPPS at the YMCA - Stevens Point
What: MAPPS - Fractions, Decimals and Percents
Where: YMCA - 1000 Division Street, Stevens Point
When: Saturdays - January 23, 30; February 6, 13, 20, 27; March 5, 12
Time: 9-11 a.m.
What is MAPPS?
Math and Parent Partners at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is a program that engages parents in the mathematics of the schools.
- Provides parents with in-depth experiences with school mathematics and the processes used in
teaching and learning it.
- Helps parents to be aware of what is happening in their children's classrooms.
- Offers parents occasions to take on leadership roles in working with teachers, administrators, and
Learn How To:
- Gain a better understanding of the fundamental principles of whole numbers.
- Gain an understanding of the Common Core standards.
- Increase children's confidence and performance with math.
- Be better equipped to help your child with homework.
- Enhance relationship with children's school.
- Enjoy fellowship with other parents and teachers.
- Math games, activities, and homework help provided for children.
Students fourth grade and older must accompany parents in the sessions.
Math-centered learning opportunities will be provided for children third grade and younger.