Who Should Attend
Aging and public health professionals, health care providers and insurers, academic researchers, senior center staff, non-profit organizations, MCOs, and others interested in healthy aging research and programming.
- Current healthy aging program leaders, coordinators, volunteers, and agencies involved in Living Well, Stepping On, Healthy Living with Diabetes, Powerful Tools for Caregivers, Pisando Fuerte, Vivir Saludable con Diabetes, Tomando Control de su Salud, and other evidence-based health promotion programs.
- Keynote Address: The Blue Zones
- Luann Alameo will present the best strategies for longevity, as found in the Blue Zones - places in the world where higher percentages of people enjoy remarkably long, full lives.
- Closing Address: Aging, Health and Longevity in the 21st Century
- S. Jay Olshansky, PhD, will explore trends in aging science with implications for health and longevity.
- Summit Cinema presents: The Age of Love
- The Wisconsin premiere screening of the film that presents a unique and insightful look at the universality of love and desire, regardless of age.
A limited number of scholarships are available to cover registration fees for program volunteers. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact Anne Hvizdak at Anne.Hvizdak@dhs.wisconsin.gov or call (608) 266-3111.
Conference participants will receive 11.5 contact hours (1.15 CEUs) for attending the full conference. An electronic certificate will be sent to all participants after the event.
Summit Registration Cancellation
Please contact UW-Stevens Point Continuing Education and Outreach --email@example.com a written request to cancel by July 29, 2015 for a full refund. Refunds will not be given after July 29, 2015. Substitutions can be made at any time, but no shows will be responsible for the full summit fee. Last minute registrations cannot be guaranteed meals.
For questions about registration, contact UW-Stevens Point Continuing Education and Outreach, (715) 346-3838, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Holiday Inn Convention Center - Stevens Point, WI, 1001 Amber Avenue, Stevens Point, Wisconsin for the conference. Rooms are available at the rate of $82 per night for a single and $109 per night for a double. The block will be held until July 17, 2015. Individuals can make their reservations by calling (715) 344-0200. Be sure to mention the 2015 Wisconsin Healthy Aging Summit when calling to get the Summit rate. Breakfast and lunch will be served both days.