Who We Are
The mission of the UWSP - Northern Aquaculture
Demonstration Facility is to promote public education and advance the
discovery, dissemination and application of
knowledge for sustainable aquaculture in a northern climate. This is accomplished
- Demonstrating production-scale aquaculture.
- Conducting applied research.
- Providing outreach and extension services.
- Providing training, workshops and educational
- Building & strengthening cooperative relationships
among commercial aquaculturists, tribal, state and federal agencies.
- Working with fish growers on fish health issues,
assessments, training and permitting.
- Developing best management practices for a sustainable
and environmental industry.