Select one or more packages (see below) tailored to homeowners with private wells.
Choose individual tests to address specific concerns; a wide range of water
analyses are available to homeowners.
Many Extension offices carry our sample bottles for pickup or you can stop by the lab located at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens
Point in the Trainer Natural Resources Building, Room 200.
How do I know which test(s) to perform?
||Which wells should be tested?|
- This is the basic package, perform this set of tests if you are unsure of which tests to perform
- This package includes the two most important tests to perform regularly on a well (bacteria and nitrate)
Consider this test package if:
- You have never had your well tested for arsenic
- You are experiencing problems with staining
- Previous tests indicated the presence of arsenic
- Your plumbing system has components that contain copper or lead
Consider this package if:
- Your well is within 1/4 mile of agricultural fields where corn has been grown
- Previous tests indicated elevated levels of nitrate likely caused by agricultural fertilizers