Forestry Education – LEAF Program
The Wisconsin K-12 Forestry Education Program (LEAF) was created to promote forestry education in Wisconsin.
LEAF is a partnership between the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – Division of Forestry and the Wisconsin
Center for Environmental Education. The WCEE launched this effort in 2001.
LEAF’s mission is to integrate learning in and about Wisconsin's forests into K-12 schools to provide the knowledge, skills and ways of thinking necessary to sustain our forests and communities. We strive to assist all teachers to incorporate Forestry Education into their existing curriculum.
- Professional development for educators
- The Wisconsin K-12 Forestry Lesson Guide
- Distribution of materials from the existing forestry education community
- School forest services and consulting
- Networking opportunities for educators
- Events and materials for students
- Support for resource professionals, landowners, and non-formal educators to serve as resources for K-12 classrooms