Groundwater Model Teacher Workshops
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 Groundwater Model Teacher Workshops!
Workshops will be held in Mt. Horeb, Ashland and Sheboygan in late January and February.
Below are some of the activities and materials that will be covered.
- Groundwater Introduction - This presentation contains slides that can be used to provide a brief Introduction into groundwater
- Wisconsin's Major Aquifers - Introduction into geology of Wisconsin and geologic properties of our major aquifers
- It'll Go with the Flow - To be used in conjunction with the water table mapping exercise found in the Groundwater Study Guide.
- Quantitative Exercise - Darcy's Law - Lesson for demonstrating how to calculate darcy's law using the sand-tank groundwater flow model.
- Groundwater Model Worksheet - Step-by-step instructions for conveying the basic concepts of groundwater using the sand-tank groundwater model.
Locate Well Water Quality Information
Groundwater related video links
Other Useful Links