- Wisconsin Codes and Ordinances –
a compilation of city, village, town and county codes and ordinances
maintained by the Wisconsin State Law Library. Ordinances cover a wide
range of topics such as zoning, floodplains, shorelands, non-metallic
mining, subdivisions, animal waste, burning, composting, parks, and
- Model Environmental Protection Ordinances –
a compilation of ordinances from the U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency addressing aquatic buffers, erosion and sediment control, open
space, stormwater control, illicit discharges, post construction
controls, and other environmental issues.
- Model Green Development Ordinances –
a compilation of ordinances from the U.S. Department of Energy, Smart
Communities Network addressing green buildings, energy efficiency, water
conservation, solar access protection, and other development
- CaseLaw Express – free weekly email service from the State Bar of Wisconsin tracking recent case law.
- Case Law Updates – monthly case law updates from the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- Zoning Case Law in Wisconsin – summary of cases relevant to shoreland and floodplain zoning in Wisconsin (WDNR)
- LexisNexis – access U.S. Supreme Court cases from 1781 to present, and federal and state cases from the last ten years.
- Wisconsin Legislature – access to Wisconsin statutes, administrative code, attorney general’s opinions, town law forms, and other resources.
- Wisconsin Statutes –
a compilation of Wisconsin statutes focused on planning and land use
from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Urban and
- Legislation Updates – legislative updates from the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- The Wheeler Report –
daily archive of important Wisconsin news stories. Website also
includes legal calendar and links to state agencies, legislative
websites, courts, lobbying information, and elections websites.
- U.S. Government Publications –
free online access to official federal government publications and
collections including the United States Code, Code of Federal
Regulations and Federal Register.