Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
UWSP | Clue - Legal
Publications & Resources
Eco-Municipalities and Sustainability
Agriculture and Natural Resources
Zoning / Zoning Boards
Data, Mapping and Survey Resources
Land Use Megatrends Series
Land Use Tracker Newsletter
Links of Interest
Materials and Handouts
Community Groundwater Planning
Cost of Community Services (COCS)
Growing Wisconsin Workshops
Employment and Internships
Wisconsin Codes and Ordinances
– a compilation of city, village, town and county codes and ordinances maintained by the Wisconsin State Law Library. Ordinances cover a wide range of topics such as zoning, floodplains, shorelands, non-metallic mining, subdivisions, animal waste, burning, composting, parks, and wireless communications.
Model Land Division Ordinance
Sample Subdivision Ordinance for Towns
Sample Subdivision Ordinance, Town of McMillan
Developers Contract and Letter of Credit
Model Traditional Neighborhood Development Ordinance
Model Conservation Subdivision Ordinance
Sample Zoning Ordinance, Town of Weston
Model Zoning Ordinance For Rural Cluster Development
Model Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
Model Shoreland-Wetland Zoning Ordinances for Cities and Villages
Model Floodplain Zoning Ordinance
Model Official Map Ordinance
Model Public Road Access Ordinance
Model Sign Ordinance
(Citizens for a Scenic Wisconsin)
Model Billboard Ordinance
(Citizens for a Scenic Wisconsin)
Sample Outdoor Lighting Ordinances
(The Sky This Week)
Model Nonmetallic Mining Ordinance
Model Livestock Facilities Zoning Ordinance and Licensing Ordinance
United States Codes and Ordinances
– an online searchable database of more than 1,100 local government codes published by the Municipal Code Corporation. Additional codes and ordinances are available from
General Code, Code Publishing
American Legal Publishing
Model Environmental Protection Ordinances
– a compilation of ordinances from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency addressing aquatic buffers, erosion and sediment control, open space, stormwater control, illicit discharges, post construction controls, and other environmental issues.
Model Green Development Ordinances
– a compilation of ordinances from the U.S. Department of Energy, Smart Communities Network addressing green buildings, energy efficiency, water conservation, solar access protection, and other development considerations.
Wisconsin Case Law
– access to Wisconsin Supreme Court and Court of Appeals decisions.
– free weekly email service from the State Bar of Wisconsin tracking recent case law.
Case Law Updates
– monthly case law updates from the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Planning Association.
Zoning Case Law in Wisconsin
– summary of cases relevant to shoreland and floodplain zoning in Wisconsin (WDNR)
– access U.S. Supreme Court cases from 1781 to present, and federal and state cases from the last ten years.
– access to Wisconsin statutes, administrative code, attorney general’s opinions, town law forms, and other resources.
– a compilation of Wisconsin statutes focused on planning and land use from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Urban and Regional Planning.
– legislative updates from the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Planning Association.
The Wheeler Report
– daily archive of important Wisconsin news stories. Website also includes legal calendar and links to state agencies, legislative websites, courts, lobbying information, and elections websites.
U.S. Government Publications
– free online access to official federal government publications and collections including the United States Code, Code of Federal Regulations and Federal Register.