UWSP Student-Parent Child Care Scholarship
The UWSP Student Child Care Scholarship was established in collaboration with Student Government Association to assist parents enrolled in post-secondary education obtain safe, dependable care that supports their children’s development while allowing completion of the parent’s academic programs.
The following criteria will be used by a Scholarship Committee made up of members to select those to receive a scholarship.
The Child Care Scholarship deadline for submission of the application is September 15th annually.
- Be a UWSP student with a child or legal dependent age 12 and under in need of child care.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Not be in default on any federal loans or owing a refund on federal funds previously disbursed.
- Be enrolled in the U.S. Department of Agriculture Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- The family must complete the scholarship application and must submit a copy of their previous year’s tax return. The application will require voluntary provision of information about whether the family includes a single parent in school or both parents in school, the work status of the parent(s), a statement of goals, and a statement of specific circumstances and specific needs.
- Family must submit a denial letter or have an authorization for state Child Care Assistance with application.
Upon departure from HRG-UCLCC:
- The awardee completes a letter to the UWSP Student Government Association as a testimonial to how receiving this scholarship affected their time here at UWSP and the ability to work towards their degree completion.
For more information, contact:
Child Care Director – HRG-UCLCC
08 Delzell Hall