We provide a nationally accredited program for preschool children from 2 to 4 years old. The preschool is open Monday through Friday during our regular hours of center operations. UWSP students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community may apply.
A positive early start sets the stage for later learning. Our Preschool classes offer opportunities to allow children to build on their level of understanding.
- Mastering large and small motor skills
- Awareness of five senses
- Developing good self image
- Mastering more independence and self help
- Self expression skills
- Developing healthy social relations
- Respecting diversity
- Relationships in place, size, weight, numbers, letters, etc.
- Clarification of color geometric spaces, family, animals, foods, etc.
- Exploring language, art, drama, music, science, literature
- Encouraging curiosity and problem solving
- Enhancing creativity in play and thought
The center's strong emphasis on family, community and culture is promoted with developmentally appropriate practices and the Reggio Emilia Instpired Approach. Educational learning goals are based on the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards, developed through classroom observation as well as child and program assessments.