We provide a nationally accredited program for preschool children from 2 to 4 years old. The preschool is open Monday through Friday during our regular hours of center operations. UWSP students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community may apply.
A positive early start sets the stage for later learning. Our Preschool classes offer opportunities to allow children to build on their level of understanding.
- Mastering large and small motor skills
- Awareness of five senses
- Developing good self image
- Mastering more independence and self help
- Self expression skills
- Developing healthy social relations
- Respecting diversity
- Relationships in place, size, weight, numbers, letters, etc.
- Clarification of color geometric spaces, family, animals, foods, etc.
- Exploring language, art, drama, music, science, literature
- Encouraging curiosity and problem solving
- Enhancing creativity in play and thought
The curriculum is developmentally appropriate and atmosphere is age-appropriate, family centered and nurturing.
Offered during the 2012-2013 Academic Year:
- Semester I - September 4 - December 21, 2012
- Semester II - January 22 - May 17, 2013