University Dining Service (UDS) provides HRG-UCLCC with nutritionally balanced meals and snacks along with delivery. HRG-UCLCC is a participant in the USDA Child Care Food program.
· Lunch is provided between 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. during the academic year
· Morning breakfast is provided at approximately 9:30 a.m. and afternoon snack at approximately 3:00 p.m.
· Meals are served family style with staff seated at the tables with the children
· If a family has special requests, such as vegetarian or organic meals, the child is welcome to bring his/her own meal from home. Please talk to the director if you have special dietary needs
· During January, May, and August interim parents must provide cold lunches labeled with their child’s name as well as a drink. Milk will be provided for breakfast and snacks by the center.
· During the summer, the menu may include produce from the children’s garden and/or from other locally grown foods
Please note: During the interim sessions children are required to bring a cold lunch. Please place your child’s lunch in the appropriate refrigerator. The lunch boxes are taken home at the end of each day. Parents are encouraged to provide healthy, well-balanced meals. Children are encouraged to try new foods but will not be forced to eat. The withholding of food will not be used as a method of discipline. DPI has a website that includes links to nutritional information at: http://dpi.wi.gov/fns/nutrition.html. We encourage you to look over these guidelines and take them into consideration when planning your child’s cold lunches for required days.
You must report food allergies on a "health history form." We post your child's health history form and our snack plans in the kitchen area.