Any current student can utilize the pantry!
There are two ways you can access the pantry:
1. Visit the Cupboard During Walk In Hours. We are located on the lower level of the Dreyfus University Center in room 061. Our Fall 2013 hours are:
Tuesdays: 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
2. Fill Out an Online Request Form. Can’t make it during open hours or would prefer to not come to The Cupboard? No problem! Fill out this request form. Volunteers will pack a box of groceries based on your preferences and leave it for you at the front desk of the Student Involvement and Employment Office. You will receive an email when your package is ready for pick up.
What information will we ask for?
- We will ask you to provide your first name and show your student ID Your Student ID will be scanned through a card scanner to verify that you are a current student. Additionally, the scanner will take the place of our previously used intake form. It will record basic demographic information such as your age and gender that we requested in the previous form. However, it will be electronically stored making it far more confidential. If you have any questions about our new procedure using the card scanner, please email Chris Slattery at email@example.com
- You will be asked to read and sign a liability waiver for the food received.
- You will NOT be asked to provide any financial information.
- We will not share your information with anyone, including Financial Aid.
What will I receive?
The Cupboard’s inventory is dependent on donations. We will do our best to provide you with a variety of protein, fruits/vegetables, and grains but the number of items will vary based on inventory. Toiletries may also be available. You will have the ability to select items that fit your preferences. All food items are non-perishable. Because of health codes and food safety, we are not able to distribute perishable items or baby food.
How often can I visit?
We will ask that you visit The Cupboard no more than once per week, but we will never turn someone away who needs assistance.
All volunteers were screened through an application process, attended a volunteer orientation and signed a confidentiality and code of ethics agreement.