Many people have had the opportunity to contribute and benefit from the UWSP Residential Living Program.
During the summer of 1995, past and present residential living staff members gathered on campus to share memories and contribute to the continuance of a great program.
The result of this "feeling" led to the Robert E. Mosier Scholarship Fund. Previous hall directors, central staff, and current professional staff made financial contributions to UWSP in Dr. Bob's name because of the wonderful experiences he helped create. Dr. Bob epitomizes the residence life profession in everything he does. The Robert E. Mosier Scholarship not only pays tribute to a great leader in the Student Affairs profession, but also works to encourage and support a new professional entering the field.
A $500.00 scholarship is being offered for the 2012 - 2013 cycle.
The following criterion must be met by candidates applying for the Robert E. Mosier Scholarship:
- Must be a graduating senior at UWSP (December or May/August graduate)
- Intends to pursue a degree in the field of Student Affairs or related field.
- Must have been actively involved in Residential Living for at least two years in any combination of the following roles: Community Advisor, Assistant to the Director, Hall/House leader, RHA Executive, ARC, or Conduct Board member.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 at time of application.
All applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Presentation of essential information
- Clarity of thought demonstrated by the applicant
- Logical organization of the information
- The inclusion of specific examples
- Adherence to length requirements
- Participation in a half-hour interview focused on professional goals
- Professionally written and free from grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors
- The completeness of the application including all required documents (application form, resume, and letter of support)
Mosier Scholarship Application - Please fill out this application, print, and turn in to Julie Zsido, Residential Living, 601 Division Street no later than November 9, 2012 at noon.