Non-Hazing Activites to Avoid the Negative Effects of Hazing:
1. Teambuilding activites (can be facilitated by SIEO or campus professional - there are hundreds of these activites that you can use).
2. Participate in and/or plan a community service project.
3. Visit a ropes course together
4. Plan a fundraiser to donate to a charity.
5. Encourage active membership in at least one organization outside the group.
6. Host a Family Weekend event.
7. Attend a theatrical production or athletic event of a new member choosing together.
8. Allow new members time for themselves to do and be what they want. Don't monopolize their time.
9. Have lunch together once a week in a dining hall with the entire organization.
10. Invite Alum to talk about the history of the organization.
Have an alternative to hazing idea? Post it on our Facebook page!