If you would like to start a new organization, please follow these steps:
- Pick up a new organization packet from the Program Assistant in the Student Involvement and Employment Office. New organization packets can be completed and submitted between September 1 and April 1 annually.
- Look for an adviser.
- Make sure to have at least 5 people interested in your group. It is mandatory to have a president, treasurer, and adviser. The president and treasurer, and other executive officers, must have a least a 2.0 GPA.
- After the packet is completed, return it to the Program Assistant.
- The Program Assistant will email you when paperwork has been reviewed. If changes need to be made, or if your packet is incomplete, corrections will need to be made before moving forward.
- After you speak with the Program Assistant, you will make an appointment, via email, with the Assistant Director, for a recognition meeting.
- When finished, we will email you to tell you the name of the SGA Speaker of the Senate. The Speaker will tell you the date of their next available meeting. You and another officer will attend the meeting and answer a few questions. Afterwards, the senators will vote and accept or reject your request to become an official organization. SGA will be your final step.
- If SGA votes...
YES: you will be a recognized organization.
NO: you will not be considered a recognized student organization.