Prizes, Awards & Gifts Policy:
Gift Cards can be used for prizes if they comply with UW System policy, but may not be allowable for other types of expenses. Gift Cards are considered the same as cash by the IRS and may be considered Tax Reportable Income. A Gift Card should not be used to pay someone for providing a service. All payments for services should be processed through the Payment Services Office.
- See Section A of the Policy for details
- $200 limit on the value of a prize
- Reimbursement for purchase of gift cards used as prizes requires:
- A signed receipt from the recipient that includes:
- Identification of prize received
- Recipient’s name and student ID
- Name of event awarding the prize
Event documentation – flyer, announcement, etc.
- Original itemized receipt
- Gift Cards for prizes purchased using any method of payment (such as a
Pcard or Direct Charge payment) require a minimum of the documentation
- See Section B of Policy
- No cash awards are permitted - Gift Cards are considered same as cash
- See Section C of Policy
- No cash gifts are permitted - Gift Cards are considered same as cash
Questions – Call Laurie Kujawa at extension 3721 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 563, any qualified organization may conduct a raffle upon receiving a license from the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration – Division of Gaming. UW – Stevens Point currently holds a Class A and Class B license:
Class A Raffle License
- Tickets are sold in advance and the day of the raffle
- Tickets are pre-printed with all raffle information on them
- A winner need not be present to win
Class B Raffle License
- Tickets are only sold the day of the raffle
- Generic raffle tickets may be used
- A winner must be present to win
Please be aware that all raffle receipts and expenditures must flow through a state account number; not an SFO account.
Contact Robyn Woytasik to obtain a raffle license use application, statutory requirements and policies set forth by UW System Administration and UW – Stevens Point:
Old Main Building – Room 001A
Be sure to apply well in advance of your anticipated fundraising event date. A meeting with your organization advisor is required prior to issuing a raffle license.