UWSP Posting Policy
(Excerpt from UWSP Posting Policy, as passed by Faculty Senate, revised 1989)
- All materials to be posted must conform to statutory and institutional
requirements pertaining to community standards and commercial solicitation.
- All materials to be posted must be stamped for campus posting by either the
staff of the Information & Ticket Office materials or the Student Involvement &
Employment Office (SIEO).
- All advertising materials to be posted must have the name of the recognized
campus organization or department clearly identified as the sponsoring group.
- Responsibility for interpreting the University posting policy, as approved by the
Faculty Senate, shall reside with the Director of the University Centers.
- All bulletin boards are limited to one poster per event.
Posting is on a first come, first served basis, within space limitations. Only tacks
or staples may be used for posting. Posted materials must be removed upon the
expiration date by the sponsoring organization.
Materials for specific events must be dated, and may not be posted until
four weeks prior to the event.
- Oversized posters may not be posted until seven
days before the event. Posted materials are the responsibility of the sponsoring
organization or department.
The University accepts no responsibility for posted
materials or the contents thereof, nor any liability for such materials, nor any
responsibility for the destruction of any posted materials. The University does
reserve the right to remove destroyed and severely damaged material, as well
as, outdated posters.
38 Posting Locations on Campus
- Allen Center, 1 location
Noel Fine Arts Center (NFAC), 3 locations
- Lower level in the hallway
Trainer Natural Resources (TNR Building), 2 locations
- You must contact Dean for Approval
- Postings without Dean’s approval will be removed
- Materials may be posted on public bulletin boards in
corridor near rooms 125, 155 and 175
College of Professional Studies (CPS), 1 location
- Outside of room 170
- 1st floor, west stairwell, outside room 163 (West Entrance)
Collins Classroom Center (CCC), 1 location
- Outside Cafeteria on west wall
Communication Arts Center (CAC), 1 location
- 1st floor, east hallway, north end of building
DeBot Center (DC), 4 locations
- Must contact Dean for approval and locations
Dreyfus University Center (DUC), 1 location
- 2 bulletin boards on east upper level
- 2 bulletin boards on west wall, lower level
Health Enhancement Center (HEC), 2 locations
Learning Resource Center (LRC), 2 locations
- Bulletin board on south side of concourse
Nelson Hall, 1 location
- Outside of computer lab Room 110
- Info. Technology (lower level)
Science Building (SCI), 5 locations
- Bulletin Board (2nd Floor)
Student Services Center (SSC), 1 location
- Outside of rooms D101, D102, A121
- Entrance of B wing
- Entrance from courtyard (west entrance)
Residence Halls (1 Each), 13 locations
- Across from the Bursar’s Office, lower level
- Give to respective desk worker or bring to RHA meetings
on Tuesdays at 4:00 pm to be distributed.
Click here to for the PDF version.