University Advertisement Rules Regarding
Events with Alcoholic Beverages
Advertising of University events where alcoholic beverages will be consumed must be consistent with the educational philosophy of UWSP and follow these conditions:
- Advertisement for any University event where alcoholic beverages are
being served must note the availability of non-alcoholic beverages and food
as prominently as the alcoholic beverages.
- The messages conveyed in the promotion of any event must not encourage
any form of misuse of alcohol.
- Publicity must not convey that consumption of alcohol is the purpose or
reason for the event.
- Promotion must not refer to the amount/quantity of alcohol (5-keg party, etc.)
- Advertisements for events must not portray drinking as a solution to personal or
academic problems or as necessary for social, sexual or academic success.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be provided as awards, door prizes or
giveaways to individuals or campus organizations.
Violations of this policy will result in conduct referrals to the Student Organization
Conduct Board (SOCB). The Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs or his/her designee must approve any exceptions to this policy. (Updated 5/11/04)
Advertising events on University sidewalks with chalk is permissible. Any marking on a University builidng or fixture, or using a permanent marking tool, is prohibited.
Credit Card Sales
Sales of this nature are not allowed in academic buildings; only within the Centers (University Center, DeBot Center, Allen Center). Sales may be for a total of three days and groups may only hold one credit card sale per semester.