Student Involvement and Employment Office
Discover Quest - How to Use Quest for the First Time
- Go to the SIEO website (www.uwsp.edu/centers/sieo) and click on the QUEST student login logo
- Sign in using your UWSP username and password
- At the top of the page, it will ask you to update your profile, click on that link (or the tab at the top which says profile)
- Verify your personal information is correct, if not click “change local and home address”
- Fill in any job skills you currently have. This is a good way to help you prepare for writing a resume, as it is an easy way to track important employment skills.
- Scroll down to “Job Category- Mailing Lists”. You will receive an email for any positions posted in a check marked area.
- Click save.
- On the top of the page, click “Job Search”.
- If you know the specific information for the job you are searching for, insert that information into the left side (keyword such as lifeguard; Employer such as YMCA; or the job ID if you have previously looked up the position).
- Otherwise, on the right side are two boxes, one for location and the other for category.
- Holding down ctrl on your keyboard, click on any locations you are interested in working in. As you move down the list, the locations move farther away from campus. (If you do not hold down ctrl, you will only be able to select one location).
- Do the same thing in the category box.
- Then click search.
- Click on a job title that sounds interesting to you.
- A page will open up. The top is information on the employer, the middle is about the specific position, and the bottom is about the post.
- Every position has its own instructions for application, so follow the instructions listed on the page.
- Within the box relating to position information, every job has a unique “job ID”. This number can be typed into the job search page to instantly bring you back to this position.