Physics Career and Employment Links
Please contact Mike Pagel to report dead links or sites that you would like added to this list. Thank you!
- A science job search engine in all areas of science including, but
not limited to: biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, biophysics,
botany, cell biology, developmental biology, ecology, environmental
science, genetics, medicine, microbiology, and zoology.
NIU Physics List
- Offers examples of occupations and employers, as well as a list of links to sites offering openings.
American Institute of Physics Home Page.
- While this page is a treasure of information related to Physics, your
quest for employment information can be fulfilled by following the link
to AIP's "Resume Search Service". You can post your resume and/or
review job opportunities by category.
- Again, a significant resource for information related to Physics, and
how it integrates with other sciences. Look for the link to
"PhysicsJobs". You'll find job openings, internships, assistantships and
Green Jobs - Focusing on the Renewable Energy industry
How to Leave Physics
- This site provides information on alternative careers; tips on
finding potential employers, writing a resume, and interviewing; a
question-and-answer page with Ms. Hodgdon's replies to readers' general
questions; and links to other employment resources.
NASA JOBS - Employment opportunities at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Green Jobs Network
- Connecting people seeking jobs that focus on environmental and social
responsibility with available opportunities and resources.
Physlink.com Job Board
- Academic and nonacademic job listings for physicists, astronomers,
and engineers around the world. Users may also post their CV's on the
Space Jobs - Job listings in the aeronautics and space industries.
American Association of Physics Teachers
- AAPT's online Science Job Market features jobs for physics educators
(in middle schools, high schools, and two- and four-year colleges and
universities) in the United States and abroad.
- Employment opportunities in the aerospace, defense, aviation,
advanced materials and composites industries. Registered users may also
post their resumes on the site.
Are you interested in Technical Sales? Real scientists are employed in the sale and support of products ranging from pharmaceuticals to laboratory equipment.
Be sure to check out the "Big Board" sites on the web that list
opportunities in a wide array of occupations. UWSP's Career Services web
site has a page that lists many of the "Big Job Boards". You should also register with Career Services if you have not already done so!
Updated August 20, 2012