Academic and Career Advising Center
Academic and Career Advising Center
Comprehensive Natural Resources/Environmental Sites
to report dead links or sites that you would like added to this list. Thank you!
State Agency Web sites
- Conservation/environmental protection state agencies (all 50 states and District of Columbia) with direct links to pages the display current openings.
SGR Job Board
- "Strategic Government Resources" (SGR) bills itself as the nation's 2nd largest government job board. Vacancies are listed by category, including Animal Services; Code Enforcement; Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources; and water/wastewater.
Conservation Job Board
The Conservation Job Board profiles the latest jobs from the fields of conservation, ecology, wildlife biology, marine science, forestry, environmental education, protected area management and more
Wisconsin County Code Administrators Job Board
- Positions related to planning, zoning, on-site waste, and related land uses.
Warnell School of Forest Resources
- A list of positions with openings in Forestry, Wildlife, Fisheries Soil/Water resources and Recreation/Tourism. The listings can be quickly sorted by discipline!
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- An explanation of career options and opportunities for students. APHIS tackles a wide range of problems ranging from control of invasive plant and animal species to nusiance wildlife. APHIS is a diverse agency with equally diverse career prospects!
(Wisconsin Law Enforcement Network) - Job postings for law enforcement positions throughout Wisconsin.
Careers in Forestry and Natural Resources
This site, supported by the outreach component of a National Science Foundation grant, provides a comprehensive overview of Forestry and related career options and is intended for audiences including teachers, counselors, advisors and students, at the high school and middle school levels, a resource for guiding potential college-bound students to programs that offer forestry and natural resource degree programs.
Minnesota Association of Conservation Districts Employees Employment Opportunities page
- Listing public and non-profit positions in the Midwest.
Air & Waste Management Association
- The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opportunities to 12,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. This site does contain a link to job listings, but membership is required to review the openings or to post your resume. Links are offered to other sites that post openings, however, and this is a good site for monitoring industry trends.
Texas A&M Jobs Board
- Full time, seasonal, Graduate Assistantships, Volunteer opportunities, scholarships and fellowships!
Schmeekle Reserve list
of Wildlife Education, Environmental Education and Interpretation openings
Soil Science Society of America Career Center
- A combined effort of the American Society of Agronomy, the Soil Science Society of America, and the Crop Science Society of America.
Wisconsin Green Industry Federation
- Look for the link to "Industry Job Listings" for openings with Wisconsin employers for landscape, greenhouse, tree/turf care and related positions.
Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES)
Links to resources related to organic farming and sustainable agriculture.
- Focusing on the Renewable Energy industry
- Jobs, grants, and additional resources for student and professional Environmental Educators!
Environmental Career Center
- Job listings and useful articles on "Green" jobs.
Wisconsin Law Enforcement Jobs
- Maintained by the Wisconsin Department of Justice
Orion Grassroots Network
- Internship and full time listings with over 400 grassroots organizations. Opportunities focus on conservation, education, restoration, and environmental justice.
Green Jobs Network
- Connecting people seeking jobs that focus on environmental and social responsibility with available opportunities and resources.
- Created as a targeted resource for job seekers and employers in Life Science. Biology jobs within Academic / Educational Institutions, Non Profit Organizations, and Conservation Jobs can be posted on Biology Jobs .com for free. Jobs include Agriculture, Conservation, Ecology, Environmental Science Jobs, Genetics, Marine Science, Natural Resources, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Veterinary Medicine, and Zoology.
Treehugger Jobs Board
- The jobs board portion of the Treehugger web site.
- Links to sites with environmental/green jobs, by type.
National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP) Internet Committee Information Resources
- A clearing house for WWW resources of interest to the NAEP membership. These pages enable commercial, non-commercial, and government organizations to reach our members with free advertising by annotated link to the organization's website. A Job Openings list provides a means for employers to post requests for CVs and members a chance to explore employment opportunities.
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Not a site for finding jobs, but useful for exploring the agency's organization, mission, current issues, etc.
WDNR - Wisconsin DNR Employment links
- This page provides links to permanent (part and full time), LTE AND Internship opportunities!
EPA Employment Information
Explore this site learn about EPA's workforce demographics, compensation programs, Quality of Worklife programs, student and intern opportunities, permanent federal job opportunities, and much more.
Bureau of Land Management Home Page
- The BLM, an agency within the U.S. Department of the Interior, administers 264 million acres of America's public lands, located primarily in the 12 Western States. This home page offers links to web sites for each of those 12 western states offices, and these state pages usually offer information on summer and seasonal jobs.
Green Dream Jobs
- Business Jobs, Environmental Jobs, Environmentally Responsible Employers.
Center For Alaskan Coastal Studies
- Look for the link to their "Employment, Internship and Volunteer Opportunities" page, where you will find positions for Naturalists and Environmental Educators.
The Sustainable Business Network
- The mission of the Sustainable Business Network (SBN) is to promote the growth and development of environmentally and socially responsible businesses, providing the tools and information necessary to make sustainable business a prominent global economic force. The SBN provides opportunities for individuals and businesses to find venture capital, business partners, and information on goods and services that promote responsible business practices. The SBN is also the premier site where individuals can seek employment opportunities with businesses and organizations that share their environmental and social values.
Environmental Jobs and Careers
- Links to environmental opportunities in the USA and Canada. Employment includes careers such as environmental engineers, nature and wetlands scientists, GIS, technicians, chemists, earth sciences / geologists, policy and law, wildlife conservation, planning, education, wastewater treatment and operations, program and project management, etc. This is an amazing site, with links to dozens of organizations that make their job listings available to the public; membership is not required. There is even an option that enables you to review employment opportunities by state!
The Nature Conservancy Jobs Page
- Job opportunities with TNC can be searched by region. There is an Intern link as well.
Peace Corps Home Page
- Descriptions of Volunteer opportunities, recruiting procedures, news and information pertinent to the Peace Corps, and collected stories from returned Volunteers.
The Job Seeker Homepage
- The Job Seeker is a specialized job posting service that focuses on jobs pertaining to the environment. This web page offers late arriving jobs that didn't make the deadline for inclusion in their biweekly jobs newsletter.
- A significant collection of links covering a wide range of environmental topics, including jobs!
Environmental Career Center
- Environmental and natural resources job information and career news from the publishers of the NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL EMPLOYMENT REPORT.
World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Current openings (including internships) with the WRI, a non-profit environmental organization in Washington DC.
Student Conservation Association
- The Student Conservation Association (SCA) is America's largest and oldest provider of national and community conservation service opportunities, outdoor education and career training for youth. SCA volunteers and interns annually perform more than one million hours of conservation service in national parks, forests, refuges, and urban areas in all 50 states. Their site identifies both volunteer and paying jobs brokered by SCA.
Environmental Organization WebDirectory
- The largest exclusively environmental organization directory on the Web, including thousands of sites from over 100 countries. Their wide range of topics include education (graduate programs!) and employment opportunities. You can post your resume on this site for employers to review!
Environmental Career Opportunities:
The web site for the employment newsletter with the same name. Jobs appearing on this site are a limited representation of those found in their biweekly bulletins. This bulletin is available for viewing at the Career Services Office.
- Summer & winter jobs in national parks, ski resorts, cruise lines guest ranches, camps and more.
The Environmental Careers Organization (ECO)
- A non-profit organization that sponsors paid internships as part of their overall environmental effort. Internships are listed on the web site and occur nationwide for a wide range of majors.
Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resources Job Search
- A well-organized site that provides the job hunter with employment links in a wide range of categories. ONE OF THE BEST I'VE SEEN!
American Planning Association
- Career information for Urban and Regional Planners, salary surveys, and jobs (including internships) for Planning, Zoning and GIS grads.
From the Office of Personnel Management web site:
Federal openings for Soil Scientists
Federal openings for Soil Conservationists
Federal openings for Soil Conservation Technicians
Federal openings for Environmental Protection Specialists
Federal openings for Environmental Protection Assistants
Federal openings for Ecologists
Federal openings for Biological Science Student Trainees
Environmental Yellow Pages
- The Environmental Industry's worldwide telephone directory. Search for specific industries or organizations, jobs, news or issues.
: Be sure to check out the "Big Board" sites on the web that list opportunities in a wide array of occupations. UWSP's Career Services web site has a page that lists many of the "
Big Job Boards
". You should also
register with Career Services
if you have not already done so!
Updated: July 15, 2014
Academic and Career Advising Center