Internships in the fields of Business, Economics and Accounting
Learn More About Internships!
Want to really develop the skills you learn in class? Want to get to know a particular field, expand your network, and obtain a crucial edge to help you land that first professional job? Internships can help you do that, and more. We work with Central Wisconsin's business community to offer you internship positions at some of the strongest companies and organizations in the area including Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, Greenheck Fan, Associated Bank, Sentry Insurance, Progressive Insurance and the Green Bay Packers.
Domestic Internship Information
London Internship - Fall, Spring or Summer
The London internship
program provides students with the opportunity of performing meaningful,
in-depth work in one of the most diverse and exciting cities in the world. Subject to the applicant's qualifications, work includes placements in such fields as:
- Public relations
- Economic research
- Financial services
- Radio and television production
Next summer, the School of Business & Economics is offering
students the chance to participate in a four-week program allowing students
to gain experience in a business internship while being immersed in the
culture of China.
During the stay, students will:
- Work at a local company or nonprofit organization as an business intern.
- Visit both international and domestic corporations including
Amazon China, MTV China, Volkswagen Shanghai, and Greenheck Fans.
- Learn about the Chinese business culture and environment.
- Interact closely with Chinese college students and locals while living in a Chinese State University.
- Explore different regional cuisines, learn the language, and practice Tai Chi.
- Visit famous sightseeing attractions such as the Forbidden City and the Great Wall.
- Be inspired by the history, modernization and natural beauty of China.
- May 22-June 19, 2015
VITA/TCE, IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Program
- To Provide a significant educational experience by providing hands-on
learning in the field of Federal and Wisconsin income tax law and tax return
- To integrate the classroom experience with job experience.
SBE offers three VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) internships during the spring semester. VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) interns work jointly with accounting professionals in the community (such as Dave Rosin and Gary Maluka) that are involved with the VITA program. Students obtain classroom training in tax law, compliance, tax software in addition to having taken tax courses at UWSP. The interns have a set schedule of hours to assist taxpayers with tax return preparation. A tax professional (supervisor) is available to help students with any complicated tax issues that may arise and review returns for errors, giving the students added learning opportunities while assuring taxpayers of accurate tax returns.
SBE get feedback from people within the community that VITA is a valuable service for low income taxpayers. The students get experience meeting with taxpayers (clients), preparing returns, learning additional tax laws and completing many different tax forms. The students are more qualified to begin working in taxation upon completion of the program and more valuable to their future employers.