I was part of the insurance industry for 41 years, retiring in 2011 from Sentry Insurance. In those years at Senry Insurance I was engaged in a career that covered both personal and commercial insurance, including life insurance and 401k's. My insurance experience covers all aspects of an insurance company’s functions including; sales, underwriting, policy support, actuarial, safety, claims and controller. Contacts in the industry have been a source of industry speakers for the courses I teach.
I have been teaching insurance at UWSP since 1995 and in 2011 expanded the course offering to include insurance company operations.
Activities in the insurance industry includes; national president of the National Association of Insurance Women, president of Northern WI CPCU chapter and continued speaking events in the industry. I am also involved in the local Boy Scouts Council, Samoset, as chair of the Enterprise Risk Management committee.
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Bachelor of Science 1982
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter(CPCU). 1981
- Associate Insurance Accounting and Finance
- Associate in Research and Planning
- Associate in Rick Management
- Associate in General Insurance
Insurance Industry Involvement:
- BSA Health and Safety Committee
- BSA Chair 2017 ERM Summit
- Past President National Association Insurance Women
- Speaker INternational Association Insurance Professionals
- Speaker Norther Wisconsin CPCU