- Juris Doctor, Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wis., May 2007
- B.M. in Business/Management, Berklee College of Music, Boston, Mass., August
- Assistant Professor of Business Law,
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Fall 2010-Present
- Instructor, Music Business/Management,
Berklee College of Music, Fall 2003-Spring 2004
- The Legal & Ethical Environment of
Business (University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point)
- International Business Law (University of
- Intellectual Property Law Seminar
(University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point)
- International Economics & Finance
(Berklee College of Music)
Lead Counsel for Plaintiff in Brownmark v. Comedy Partners, et al., a
copyright infringement lawsuit on appeal before the United States Court of
Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Intellectual Property Counsel for Milwaukee Irish Fest (Manage
copyright and trademark assets, negotiate music licensing agreements with third
party licensees, and provides pro bono legal services for
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Alhadeff, Peter & McChrystal, Caz, Inflation
and U.S. Music Mechanicals, 1976-2009, 13 Global Business and Economics
Review 1 (2011)
- McChrystal, Caz, Review: Allen Bargfrede and
Cicily Mak, Music Law In the Digital Age, 10 Music & Entertainment
Industry Edcuators Association Journal 188(2010).
- McChrystal, Caz, The Dissonant Tune of
International Harmonization and the Domestic Duration of Phonorecord
Protection, 8 Vanderbilt Journal of Entertatinment and Technology Law 523
- McChrystal, Caz, "Intellectual Property and
Performance Rights for Internet Radio," White Paper, published by Milwaukee
Irish Fest, Spring 2012.
- Alhadeff, Peter & McChrystal, Caz,
Songwriter's Mechanicals Since 1976, The Music Business Journal, April
- McChrystal, Caz, Avoiding the Copyright War of
2013, The Music Business Journal, July 2009.
- McChrystal, Caz, Back to Mine, Billboard
Magazine, July 25, 2009, p. 11.
- McChrystal, Caz, The Unsound Policies of Sound
Recording Protection, The Music Business Journal, April
University and Academic Service:
- Guest speaker at Public Relations Student Society of America, University of
Wisconsin-Stevens Point, March 14, 2012
- Member of the Director of Advising search and screen committe, Spring-Summer
- Member of the School of Business & Economics Rules Committee, Fall
- Guest Speaker at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Peck School of the
Art's Senior Arts Practicum, 2008-2011.
Professional Service & Experience:
- Lead counsel for Plaintiff in Brownmark v. Comedy Partners, et al.
- Intellectual Property counsel to Milwaukee Irish Fest
- Pro Bono legal counsel
- Intellectual Property and Business Law practitioner, May 2007-August
- Columnist, Shepher Express, 2004-2007
- Research Analyst for the Boston Redevelopment Authority, May-October
Fields of Interest:
- Intellectual Proper Licensing
- Transactional Law
- Business Associations
- International Business Law
- International Transactional Law
Licensed to practice in:
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
Member, American Bar Association
Continuing Legal Education
- Legal Ethics 2010
- Legislative History and Intent-Fact or
- Food Regulations in Wisconsin
- MBA Concepts for Lawyers
- Young Lawyers Leadership Division
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
*Wednesday office hours are for the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month.
*Other appointments available on request.