Semester 3: Decision
Goal: Make and/or confirm major decision.
- Conduct informational interviews.
- Shadow a professional in your potential career area.
- Get more involved with campus organizations, including a leadership position.
- Read professional journals in your area of interest. Check at the end of each occupation description in the "Occupational Outlook Handbook".
- Continue your volunteer experiences.
- Consider a potential minor.
- Map out an education plan and review it with your adviser.
- Take the big step and go to the Department of your choice to declare your major.
- Establish a good working relationship with your new adviser.